Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wednesday
12/02/09


Collect All Signed Grade Reports and Free Read Letter to Me

1&2 Lesson Focus: How can I make sure I understand a difficult text?
How can I ensure that my short answers are complete and grammatically
correct?

1. Finish “The Last Leaf” picture book
2. “The Last Leaf” JE
Mr. Behrman can best be described as:
determined or irresponsible
Choose one character trait that you think best describes Mr. Behrman and support your answers with TBD’s. The answer needs to be in short answer/JE format.
3. Editing in workbook
Homework: finish the JE


4th Period: What is a hyperbole?
1. Definition of hyperbole
2. Listen to “Sick” by Shel Silverstein http://www.archive.org/details/sickByShel
3. Highlight the hyperboles
4. Write your own “Excuses” poem
- 10 lines
- 3 examples of hyperboles
- rhyming
Homework: Finish your “Excuses” poem

5&6 Lesson Focus: How can I write an effective extended response?
How can I ensure that I understand a difficult text?


1. Writing assignment with Ms. Edick
2. “The Last Leaf”
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm
-Each Scene must have pictures that represent the scene with dialogue bubbles
-Each scene must had a 1-2 sentence summary about the scene
Homework: None

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive